Monday, July 19, 2010

Ready to write again

(originally posted June 29, 2010)  It has been a very full month and it's good to be back together again.  My mother is in our thoughts and we are grateful for her wonderful example.  She will be sorely missed, but we know this is not the end.  WE WILL be together again.  http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/deseretnews/obituary.aspx?n=ann-copier&pid=143635732

But, we must get on with daily life, and our lives right now are helping Lowell complete his goal of riding his bicycle across the country, so it's time to be off and blogging again!  Be patient, I'll write about our current day and catch up on previous days as we go along.

Hannah was in Cedar City for two weeks attending ArtFusion camp at SUU and also participated in the SUU Science Camp at the Mountain Center in Cedar Canyon.  Hannah performed a xylophone solo at the ArtFusion parent showcase.  She texted me that morning and said "I wish you were here to see my solo", to which I responded "I wish I was too!"  My neighbor, Michelle Decker was going to fill in for me as surrogate mom, so I asked Hannah to pretend that Michelle was me, to which she responded "She's not my mom!"  It became very apparent that it was time for us to be together again as a family!

Lowell and I drove from Uncle Whitey's home at Spirit Lake Resort, through Waudena, Minnesota where we witnessed the devastation caused by a tornado two days before and then on to the Minneapolis airport.  Much was waiting for us in Salt Lake and Lowell was a wonderful companion/chauffeur/husband as I took care of funeral business with my family.  Clarke and Olga gave Hannah a ride to Salt Lake on Monday afternoon so that she could be with us at the viewing and for the funeral the next day.  Thank you Clarke and Olga for transporting Hannah back and forth.

No comments:

Post a Comment